Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hokkaido in May




Spring is synonymous with sakura in Japan. The flowers usually bloom a couple of weeks later than those in Honshu plains. I am a little tired of them. In Hokkaido, I preferred to go for their tulips. And the white magnolia tree on the right is incredibly beautiful!

 
You have to take your hat off to the Japanese. This factory produces chocolates. Everything is spotless clean.


Even in the Hell Valley, everything is heavenly clean!

Look at the pictures on the right and below. They can be mistaken for Switzerland!

They would have been long snatched up in Malaysia!


I like to visit Japan but Hokkaido had never occurred to me as a destination until my wife said "let's go there" one day. A good friend Su has a resort project in Niseko and I have always thought it is an outlandish investment. It is beautiful! They have everything you like about Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment