Monday, October 20, 2014

Time for a Quiz with MAS

 MAS never ceases to amaze me!

The three pictures on the left were taken by me three weeks ago - on MH148 Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur.

The first picture says that the plane is 679 miles from Kuala Lumpur. The second picture shows the position vis-à-vis the geography of the area.

But look at the third picture.

It says:
Time to Kuala Lumpur: 0:00
Local Time at Kuala Lumpur 6:50pm
Estimated Time of Arrival: 6:50pm

I leave it to readers to figure out what I am hitting at! (The pictures were taken with my iPAD; readers may find the numbers too blurred to read.)

Hours earlier, I did alert one of the crew  members of this "donkey". He said the cockpit was aware of the mistake but was unable to do anything. I suppose the computer was still a little groggy - after an over-night visit to the wineries in Victoria's Yarra Valley!

A year or so ago, I flew SQ - Singapore to Melbourne. Guess what, the destination on the screen was listed Sydney. I asked one of the ground crews whether we were going to Sydney. He came back sheepishly to apologize on behalf of his captain. I am not sure the captain was able to keep his job!


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment