Thursday, August 15, 2013

Face of a crook

 
The silly me fell prey to a "robbed and stranded" message from Manila in my mailbox. Fearing for the well-being of my good friend Mr Chan Teck Kee and his family, I lost no time in sending AUD2K through Western Union to him. It didn't dawn upon me that this was a scam until the crook got too greedy. He emailed me for more the next morning. I thought I could recover the money from Western Union since there was no way someone could identify himself as Teck Kee to collect the money. The real Teck Kee was in Singapore all that time. There must be some collusion going on between Western Union's paying agent in Manila and the crook, so I thought. I promptly took the matter up with VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal).

I lost the case; Western Union was able to show that the chap who collected the money did produce a bona fide photo ID!

Do take a good look at the face. This is the face that has been conning people everywhere!!! Apparently he is still very much up to his tricks in the Philippines. To my Filipino friends, do something to stop this non-Filipino looking crook from tarnishing the good name of your country!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment