Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Don't Fall for Merchandise Advertised on Facebook!

Being marginally diabetic, I naturally take an interest in anything that is said to be able to help control or bring down my sugar level. My naiveté was drawn to an advertisement in Facebook a couple of months ago, which spoke about a man who devoted his zeal to develop a blend of tea to help sufferers, despite he had already achieved substantial zero-hero wealth. It was available on COD, or cash or delivery basis. The story looked convincing. I ordered for a full five-pack option or about RM300. All the sachets carry no identification, save the sticker on each pack, which reads:


I took the tea religiously, a sachet a day, often top up with hot water to make it last through the day. I take my reading every Saturday morning, after my morning walk but before my breakfast.

No change in the reading after one week. Never mind, see next week. I gave up after two months. ZERO in terms of efficacy!

Then I started to see all the advertisements below. I knew I had been conned!


Each time one appeared, I would alert readers to say it is a fake claim. But it keeps appearing. I do not know how many people have been conned!

My wife said I never learned. I had earlier been conned already. Once I ordered a backpack. It was never delivered. I wrote to Facebook to complain, nothing happened!

I bought bought a saver, which looked so robust on its advertisement. You got two for the price of one. But they were no better than toys.

I am pretty sure much of the TCM stuff advertised are basically useless. Personally, I believe in TCMs, but Facebook has made me become very skeptical each time I see one there!

Facebook, you need to do something!

1 comment:

  1. For your blood sugar, why don't you try sambung nyawa.. you can grow your own in your garden pots.. take 3 to 5 leaves fresh every morning .. you can also dry them, boiled and consumer as tea.. it seems effective for marginal diabetes.. it can also lower the blood pressure.. there are articles about this plant.. google and find out more.

    ReplyDelete