Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Boao, An International Forum?


The Boao Forum is supposed to be China’s Davos; so it claims!

But the organisers are mostly of Third Word materials.

I was registering my attendance for their April 8-12 do.

I am half literate in Chinese. After the registration fee of USD7,500 had been paid, I was directed to a website keys@boaoforum.org to book my room in designated hotels. Without paying attention to the in-out dates, I promptly paid up. That’s where nightmare began. I didn’t know it was for April 9th in and April 11th out. But the conference is from April 8-12! I tried to change the dates, but there was no feature in the link for me to do. I could not do anything and decided to wait for the Lunar New Year to be over before I tried to contact the secretariat.

I wrote and they promptly replied that it could be done. BUT IT COULD NOT BE DONE! I asked a colleague to telephone them. Indeed, it could not be done on line as advised. It involved the cancellation of the existing booking and making a fresh one; even then they had to fix something before I could effect the booking. Done finally! But I am just wondering if I don’t have a colleague who could speak with them in Chinese! Isn’t this supposed to be an international do?

The next frustration: I need a visa to go to China. I thought I had everything ready – Invitation Letter, Hotel Confirmation and Air Tickets. My wife took it to the China Visa office.

Where is the chop?

What chop?

The host’s chop!

Another round of calling the secretariat…

No one answered from the English-speaking desk. I dialed again and spoke to the Chinese desk. Done!

How do those non-Chinese speaking guests cope?

5 comments:

  1. GENUINE LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.Email: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    BORROWERS DATA FORM
    1)YOUR NAME:_______________
    2)YOUR COUNTRY:____________
    3)YOUR OCCUPATION:_________
    4)YOUR MARITAL STATUS:_____
    5)PHONE NUMBER:____________
    6)MONTHLY INCOME:__________
    7)ADDRESS:_________________
    8)PURPOSE:_________________
    9)LOAN REQUEST:____________
    10)LOAN DURATION:__________
    11)CITY/ZIP CODE:__________
    12)HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR LOAN BEFORE?

    E-mail: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GENUINE LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY
    Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.Email: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nous vous proposons une offre pour effectuer votre financement
    DE 1500 À 65000 € - 100% EN LIGNE EN FRANCE

    Comparez les crédits !
    Vous avez absolument besoin d’un crédit pour financer un projet de consommation. Vous avez déjà défini en détail votre projet et connaissez le montant exact que vous désirez emprunter. Il vous rait à trouver la meilleure offre de prêt. Le problème c’est que le marché du crédit est relativement vaste et pas toujours très clair. Nous vous proposons de vous aider à trouver le meilleur prêt à la consommation.

    Mme Laurence Nathalie BERTIER vous pressentes toute ses excuses pour le retard du démarrage de service et remercie toute ses clients de bonne foie;

    Afin d’éviter que l’épidémie de COVID-19 qui continue de faire des ravages dans le monde entier.

    Elle vous propose encore sont prêt entre particulier et ouvre aussi ces portes au jeunes porteur de projet dans l’espoir d’amoindri le taux du chômage ou du besoin d’argent a toute personnes désirent un prêt financier ;mais elle est aime les personnes sérieuse.
    alors si vous êtes vraiment dans le besoin veuillez prendre Contact par mail ( laurancebertier@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Témoignage de jardinier: Aujourd’hui, je suis heureuse grâce a Mme KANNEL ROSALIE FORBIN !

    Alain Ruste, jardinier d'espaces verts dans l'Yonne
    Après avoir été comptable en entreprise durant plusieurs années, j'ai décidé de revenir à mon projet initial et de créer une entreprise de création et d'entretien d'espaces verts afin d'être mon propre patron. J'exerce cette activité seul depuis une dizaine d'années.

    Mme KANNEL ROSALIE FORBIN elle m’a aidé à trouver un prêt de 10 000 euro une somme raisonnable avec la quelle j'ai pur régler une grande partie de mes situations et développé mon jardin

    J’en profite pour encourager tous ceux qui sont en difficulté de Contacter Madame KANNEL ROSALIE FORBIN

    ReplyDelete