Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Poslaju


I had a document to be sent to Singapore. There is a Poslaju counter at Tesco in Ara Damansara, which is just across Saujana Resort where my apartment is. I thought it is very convenient for me to use the service.

How much would it cost me?

After putting the envelope on the weighing machine, the man at the counter advised that it would cost me sixty plus ringgit. I can’t remember the exact figure. My immediate reaction to him was: “Gila!-kah?” (Is this madness?). Realizing that he was just doing his job, I felt a little bad with this outburst of mine. Fortunately, it was more of an exclamation than a rebuke.

The half-A4 envelope contained only three sheets of paper. Before the privatization madness, it would probably cost me less than a ringgit to have it posted to Singapore. I was happy to pay some premium for the “laju” (fast) service. But sixty-plus ringgit? Where is the sense of proportions? A rip-off business mentality indeed!

To rub salt into the wound, Poslaju gave me another bout of fits when I reached home.

On my gate, there was a notice from Poslaju advising me to collect a parcel from their head office in Shah Alam, since there was no one at home to receive it. They didn’t even bother to check if there was anyone at home! It is simply common sense for anyone to do it if they want to be in logistics business. Poslaju must be thinking they are different!

Would I use Poslaju if I have alternatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment