Wednesday, April 10, 2019

How Dumb Some of Sales People Can Be


My wife had been using the iPad I bought for her. I had programmed it under my App Store/iCloud account. She thought it was a nuisance to see all the photos that were meant for me appearing in her Photos app. I decided to reset the iPad to only run on her own account. I thought I could use iTunes to transfer the photos that she wanted to keep back to her iPad after the reset. But I just couldn’t find a way through iTunes. I decided to download all the photos that she wanted into a thumb drive and wait to find a way to reload them to her iPad.

I googled but none of the suggestions appeared workable. However, I did learn that a device called i-usb-storer could do the job.

I visited a couple of shops that sold computer stuff; none had heard of it. I thought the shops at Digital Mall at Petaling Jaya’s Section 14 might be able to help. Again, few knew what I was talking but one was kind enough to refer me to All IT Hypermarket on the third floor. None of the salesmen could help. But I actually saw one there, but the salesman insisted it was not meant for the purpose I had in mind. Yes, it could download photos from iPad/iPhone and upload them to my PC, but not the other way around, he insisted. Nonetheless, he was at least kind enough to tell me there was an Apple store on the ground floor; it might carry what I wanted.

The Apple store was helpful enough to tell me that there were in fact a few devices in the market that could perform the task and one of them was the SanDisk IXpand drive. Unfortunately, they did not carry any stock. I suppose I could pick up in Singapore then.

At the Jaya Shopping Centre where I had parked my car, I saw a temporary mart offering all sorts of IT stuff. I asked one of the sales persons there.

No problem; use this.

He showed me a SanDisk IXpand.

It was exactly the same one I saw at All IT Hypermarket!

How dumb some of sales people can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment