Friday, June 19, 2020

A Thing or Two about Entrepreneurship or Initiative

Friends would have read that I had been taken for a ride by Astro for years. I was mad at Astro’s attitude and decided to cancel my subscription of its Internet-TV package. I emailed to serve notice on them. I received a “Do Not Reply” advice asking me to contact 03-9543-3838 and follow the prompts to effect the disconnection. It is all rubbish because the instruction does not take it there. It is “Sorry, good-bye” after the first two prompts.

I finally got another lead. Someone had advised me to try this number instead: 03-9543-1543. It worked and I managed to speak with someone at Astro and got the message through. I could help rubbing a little salt. I said I had read so much negative feedback on Astro that I was worried for his job!

Do people up in the ivory tower at Astro really know what they are doing? I honestly doubt it.

We cannot obviously do without Internet now. I signed up with Time. The technician who came to install the service is the same one who did my Astro package installation two years ago. He still could remember. Time’s 500 Mbps is more or less my need. But as expected, the Wi-Fi signal was too weak for my desktop use at my study. I asked him if he could offer me any solution. Adnan is a helpful man. But he was totally without much idea when it comes to things like this. I do not mean to be racist. But I think some cultures simply do not quite build in INITIATIVE into their DNA. He has been on the business of installing Internet for many years, yet Adnan is totally quite blind to opportunities. I am sure many would be happy to buy Wi-Fi extenders/boosters if he were able to help solve issues on the spot. I always admire people who know how to think beyond the box – so long as they do not try to take advantage of their service.

A visit to a digital mall solved all my weak Wi-Fi issues. The chap at one of the stores was able to walk through all the ABCs of 2.4Ghz versus 5Ghz connections. He was happy to offer me some token discounts on the Fast Mesh Wi-Fi system that he suggested for my use. 

No wonder his store is full of customers! It is all a matter of INITIATIVES. And indeed innate entrepreneurship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment