Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Astro's Atrocious Service

My wife and I normally spend, cumulatively, only three or four months a year in Malaysia. We do not usually bother about television programmes, but I do watch news. We first went for Unifi’s IPTV package, but Unifi’s did not offer good news channels. We decided to switch. Astro’s MYR215 IPTV package looked better and its men promised that my Internet speed, though at the time of offer was only 10 Mbps, would be upgraded to 30 and later 100 Mbps. Whenever we were in town, the Internet connections were adequate enough for us, although my wife did complain that she was not able to access her favourite Korean drama channels often.

Then the Movement Control Order restrictions kicked in. We literally got locked in. TV news channel hopping became a habit. My wife also spends more time on my Korean drama channels. And my Singapore meetings are now conducted via Zoom.

I began to realise that my Internet was not stable, and the speed was low. The service kept stalling. I called up Astro. They told me that my contract is for the 10 Mbps service. And there is NO way that could do anything, even though my neighbours are enjoying high-speed Internet deliveries. My neighbours have long abandoned Astro; their Android Boxes are giving them all the satisfactions! And the TV and VoD services are absolutely FREE!

What’s Astro up to? Killing the goose that lays golden eggs? They should value customers like us who believe in fairness, for I am happy to pay for the services provided.

I have written to Astro, attaching their own people’s email message sent to me some two years ago that I would be entitled to 100 Mbps; unfortunately, at the point of writing, they have yet to respond!

I suppose I should just follow the wise neighbours, pay only MYR135 a month for 500 Mbps and get myself an Android Box for my TV and VoD needs.

Silly Astro!


No comments:

Post a Comment